ASEAN Green Hotel Standard in Lao PDR
With the growth of the tourism industry around the world, the new trends of tourism point towards responsible and sustainable tourism that focus on “green and environmentally-friendly tourism”.
The ASEAN Green Hotel Standard
aims to encourage hotel or resort businesses to achieve environmental sustainability and energy conservation standards. This standard will create professional operations for green hotels, such as having an environmental plan, using environmentally friendly products with responsible human resource and environmental management.
Major Criteria of ASEAN Green Hotel Standard
Existence of environmental management plan for hotel operation. Promotion of environmental activities in order to encourage the involvement of hotel staff, clients and suppliers to participate in environmental management practices. Existence of a monitoring program for environmental management of hotels.
Encouragement for the use of local and environmentally friendly products for hotel operation i.e., food and handicrafts.
Existence of plans/activities to help improve quality of life of the community. Existence of awareness raising programs for local community on environmental protection. Creation of activities in promoting culture and traditional performance and local ways of life. Creation of job opportunities for the local community.
Provision of staff training programs on environmental management.
Introduction of waste management techniques and encouragement of the involvement of hotel staff and hotel guests in waste reduction, reuse, recycling, waste separation and composting programs.
Introduction of energy saving techniques and / or energy saving technology and equipment for hotel to reduce energy consumption. Installation of meters/equipment to monitor energy consumption. Encouragement of the involvement of hotel guests in energy saving
Introduction of water saving techniques and / or use of water saving technology and equipment to reduce water consumption. Regular maintenance of water saving equipment. Encouragement of the involvement of hotel guests in saving water. Ensure the quality of water used in the hotel.
Designation of smoking and non-smoking areas. Regular monitoring and maintenance of equipment and hotel facilities to ensure air quality i.e., air conditioning.
Existence of noise control program for hotel operation
The use of mechanisms to prevent water contamination and reduce wastewater generation. Promotion of the use of recyclable/grey water in hotel operation. Encouragement of appropriate wastewater treatment.
Provision of clear signs for toxic substances. Appropriate hazardous waste disposal management. Regular inspection, cleaning and maintenance for storage in order to avoid leakage of gas or toxic chemical substances
Option 1: On-line Application forms and submit documents via website
- Step 1: Applicant fill in the information in the on-line Application form and Self-assessent form and attached files and submit online.
- Step 2: Applicant waits for the response from the Provincial DICT/MICT (within 1-3 week) via website and by telephone and/or email.
- Step 3: Asian Tourism Standard certification Board and Assessors visit the place and ubdertake assessment at the appointed time.
- Step 4: Asian Tourism Standard certification Board and Assessors notify the assessment audit to the applicant (within 1-3 week) by telephone and/or email
- Step 5: Give the award and the certicate of the Asian Tourism Standard
Option 1: Off-line Application forms and submit documents at the Provincial DICT or MICT
- Step 1 Applicatnt download Application form and Self-assessent form
- Step 2: Applicatnt submit filled in application form and self-assessment form and attached files at the Provincial DICT/MICT
- Step 3: Applicant waits for the response from the Provincial DICT/MICT (within 1-3 week) by telephone and/or email.
- Step 4: Asian Tourism Standard certification Board and Assessors visit the place and ubdertake assessment at the appointed time.
- Step 5: Asian Tourism Standard certification Board and Assessors notify the assessment audit to the applicant (within 1-3 week) by telephone and/or email.
- Step 6: Give the award and the certicate of the Asian Tourism Standard.
ບັນຊີລາຍຊື່ຄູປະເມີນມາດຕະຖານການທ່ອງທ່ຽວອາຊຽນ ແລະ ລະດັບຊາດ ຂອງ ສປປ ລາວ
ທ່ານ ນາງ ອາລຸນນີ ປັນຍາສິດ
ທ່ານ ບຸນເສີດ ໄຊຍະແສງ
ທ່ານ ສີສົມພອນ ສຣິດທິລາດ
ທ່ານ ນາງ ນ້ອຍ ສະພັງທອງ
ທ່ານ ນາງ ສຸນິສາ ວົງດາລາ